All Images Copyright © 2001 Todd Rengel. All Rights Reserved.
View Pics | Request Pics | FAQs
Hi to all:
Many people have called/written regarding these images: do I have any
more pictures, can they be used for ________, do I charge a fee for use,
if so, how much, etc. I've tried to answer those sorts of questions below.
Many more have asked about my personal experiences and if everything's
okay now. Thank you to all who have inquired. I'm doing fine, the neighborhood
is feeling vibrant again and life is pretty much back to normal. Your
kind words and wishes are appreciated.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Yes, you can use the images from the site - see usage guidelines below.
- If you are inquiring about a particular image, please reference it
by the image number.
- These are all the images I have of the WTC.
- The black things in the sky in 318, 320, 326, 329, and 330 are birds
not airplanes (there is a helicopter in 313).
- The images of the towers are obviously from 9/11, the ones of the
news and rescue folks as well as the burnt out cars are from 9/12, the
images of ground zero are from 9/20. I do not have the original time
stamp in minutes/seconds - sorry.
- I was standing on the Northeast corner of Duane Street and Church
Street looking South while taking images 311-335. 336-337 were taken
from the same spot the next day. The others from 9/12 are from in and
around the Tribeca area. The ones from 9/20 of Ground Zero (364-385)
are from Broadway looking West.
- I do have fairly high resolution digital images (9x12 @ 300 dpi) for
- I do not license, furnish or ship physical pictures - everything is
in digital format.
- The pictures were taken with a high quality Canon digital camera.
- No one I knew personally was lost in the tragedy, several people/companies
I knew were displaced (again, thanks to all for asking).
Here are my basic usage guidelines:
- Personal Use: For private/personal use
only (meaning you want to save an image as your wallpaper, are making
a personal memorial, or some other use for yourself, your family or
friends), feel free to download the images from this site. Please do
not alter them or take off the copyright information.
- Charity, Educational, Church Use: If
you are a nonprofit organization, teacher, professor, student, administrator,
curator, etc. You can use the images from this website for projects,
term papers, presentations, etc.. Please do not alter them or remove
the copyright information. If you need higher resolution images, please
contact me and I'll do my best
to accommodate you in a timely fashion. If there is cost involved (disks,
shipping, etc.), I would appreciate those being covered.
- Governmental or Research Use: I will
cooperate in any way possible. If the images from the web will do, please
use them as you wish. Otherwise, contact
- Commercial Use: Commercial use is on
a case-by-case basis. Your project should have some redeeming value
and benefit a charity or the FDNY/PDNY in some way directly. Contact
me about your project so we can discuss. Vultures need not apply.